Discover more about the history, this year's events and hear the European Anthem! on the special Robert Schuman Foundation website
Get some more official information and read the text of the Schuman daclaration on the EU website
Here are some favourite free resources covering Europe - which all student should know about.
- The EU makes available many free statistics via Eurostat
- Eurobarometer polls are great for getting insight into public opinion for EU citizens. What do they really think of the EU
- EUR-Lex - free access to laws and treaties of the EU
- European Research paper archive - sadly no longer updated but access over 1,000 working papers from leading institutions on European integration. Great for history
- Archive of European Integration - University of Pittsburgh- papers, reports and more on all aspects of European Integration
- European Sources online - News and analysis of current events from this great University of Cardiff resources
These are offered by LSE but are often available in other academic libraries.
LSE Subject guide for European Institute.Check the journals tab for databases
- CELEX via Justis (LSE staff and students only) - archive of legal and judicial materials. European Court of Justice judgments since 1952.